Pink Himalayan Salt for Horses
Without salt, life itself would not be possible. Salt is as important to life as oxygen and water. Horses utilize salt as an essential ingredient for life. When it comes to horse health and nutrition, not all salt is created equal.
Most salt that is available for horses has been refined (treated with chemicals to remove the minerals, evaporated under high compression and heat which disrupts the molecular structure of salt, and even bleached in order to obtain the white color.
This white salt is void of natural balance of life giving minerals in their natural state as they have been processed out by man or leeched out by nature over time leaving only sodium and chloride.
Sea Salt Naturally is unrefined Pink Himalayan Salt for horses but contains so much more.
Analysis of the elements in the blood found essentially the same profile as the quantitative analysis of elements found in sea water (only major difference is the hemoglobin in the blood).
This natural mineral balance is very important for optimum animal health. It gives the horse the “tools” it needs for growth, immune function, performance, etc.
Sea minerals are in a form which when dissolved in a liquid will diffuse readily through animal or vegetable cell membranes. Health care professionals are very familiar with this state as this is the state of the minerals in hospital IVs.
Himalayan Salt for horses is Nature’s Electrolyte.
It aids in digestion as well as stabilizing body functions and fluids. It is natural unrefined salt that contains over 80 essential minerals.
- Sea Salt’s primary action is cooling and a moderate amount is beneficial to the kidneys. The moistening property of salt is especially appropriate in the winter, when the body tends to dry out.
- Counteracts toxins in the body and can be used externally as well for skin eruptions.
- Sea Salt directs the body’s energy inward and downward which is appropriate for fall and winter when the center of the body needs to stay warm.
- Sea Salt strengthens digestion and can soften and remove abdominal swellings and intestinal obstructions. This softening property can also reduce hardened glands, muscles, and lymph nodes.
- The alkalizing quality of sea salt helps balance the acid nature of high protein and carbohydrate diets.
- Himalayan sea salt is slightly pink colored and contains many minerals. White salt and most commercially produced sea salt is highly refined and devoid of minerals.
The best salt for horses is Sea Salt because it is naturally balanced with other minerals. Ideally unrefined loose Himalayan sea salt should be offered free choice year round.
Sea salt for is a better choice than the more popular but not balanced trace mineral blocks, which do provide salt but are essentially no better than refined salt with added inorganic minerals.
Available: 10 lb.
Offer Free Choice Year Round
Active Ingredients: Loose Unrefined Himalayan Sea Salt
*Disclaimer: We make no medical or veterinarian claims to any of the products offered on this site. The information presented on the Alternative Animal web site is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and should not in any way be used as a substitute for the advice of your physician, veterinarian, or other licensed health care provider.